If you are thinking of altering, extending your property here a series of suggestions that will help you to avoid some of the problems, and achieve an end result that lives up to your expectation.
- Detailed plans should be prepared prior to commencing building work
- Seed advice from professionals
- Obtain at least 3 Quotes
- Go for references from family/friends who have had work carried out
- Check out similar jobs carried out by the contractor
- Only part with your money once you are satisfied with the work. Ideally you should pay in stages as the work progresses
- Is your builder considerate to neighbours?
- Builders may find themselves the subject of complaints from householders about noise, hours of working recommended working hours, dust or mud on roads and there may be other matters depending upon the site and local circumstances.